Why Selena Gomez might not be able to carry her own children


In advance of the debut of her documentary, "Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me," Selena Gomez is disclosing more details about her mental health challenges than ever before.

The singer and actor said in a Rolling Stone interview that she was treated at a mental health facility before receiving a bipolar disorder diagnosis. She claimed that it is doubtful that she will be able to have her own children due to the two medications she takes for the disease.

She told Rolling Stone, "That's a really huge, massive, present element in my life. "I'll have them however I'm supposed to," she said.

The 30-year-old woman revealed that her diagnosis was the result of a psychotic episode she had in 2018. She claimed that after beginning to hear voices, she entered a rehab facility. She was so overcome with paranoia that she had no faith in anyone. Her pals claimed they had forgotten who she was.

After that, according to Gomez, she was given a bipolar illness diagnosis, and physicians gave her a variety of prescription drugs in an effort to find one that would work for her. She described the effects of the drugs on her as "simply that I was gone." "There was nothing left of me to be found."

After finding a doctor, the "Only Murders in the Building" actress was eventually taken off all medications save for two, and she began to feel more like herself.

Gomez added, "He truly guided me. It required a lot of hard work for me to (a) acknowledge that I was bipolar, but (b) learn how to cope with it because it wasn't going away. I had to essentially detox from the drugs I was taking, learn how to remember certain terms, and I would forget where I was when we were talking.

The former Disney Channel star admitted that she had thought about suicide for years but had never actually done it. She said, "I thought the world would be better if I wasn't there.

Gomez stated, "I'm going to be really frank with everyone about this: I've gone to four treatment clinics. The time when things "began to turn pretty dark" and "when I started to feel like I was not in control of what I was experiencing, whether it was incredibly amazing or really horrible" was when the author was in her early 20s.

She would experience manic episodes, Gomez continued, once feeling the desire to buy cars for everyone in her life. She remembered thinking at the time, "I have a gift and I wanted to share it with everyone.

Then, she continued, "it was just me not being able to get out of bed." My friends would bring me meals out of love, but none of us knew what it was. Sometimes I'd stay in bed for weeks at a period to the point where even going downstairs made me breathless.

Gomez also has lupus, an inflammatory condition that can occasionally be brought on by stress. As a result, she required a kidney transplant in 2017. She mentioned that since her donated kidney might only endure for 30 years, she might eventually require another donor. It's okay, she remarked. I might say, "Peace out," nevertheless.

When she was 24 years old, Gomez started filming "My Mind & Me," and she proceeded through the COVID-19 pandemic and her difficulties with her mental health. She claimed to have only a few times seen the documentary and that she had second thoughts about releasing it.

She claimed that she eventually attended a showing of the movie, not to view the documentary itself but rather to witness the audience's reaction, which was powerful and emotional. She said, "If I can only do that for one person, think of what it could achieve." At some point, I "just kind of went for it and I said, "Yes."

On November 4, "Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me" debuts on Apple+.

Comments

Popular Posts